Libya

 Libya is located in Northern Africa, bordering the Mediterranean Sea between Egypt and Tunisia. Its natural resources are petroleum, natural gas, and gypsum, and more than 90% of the country is desert or semidesert. Arabic is the official language of Libya's 6,733,620 people and Sunni Muslim is the official religion. Libyan people are largely Berber and Arab (97%), and the other 3% include includes Greeks, Maltese, Italians, Egyptians, Pakistanis, Turks, Indians, and Tunisians. Unrest that began in several Near Eastern and North African countries in late December 2010 spread to several Libyan cities in early 2011. In March 2011, a Transitional National Council (TNC) was formed in Benghazi with the stated aim of overthrowing the Qadhafi regime and guiding the country to democracy. After several months of see-saw fighting, anti-Qadhafi forces in August 2011 captured the capital, Tripoli. In mid-September, the UN General Assembly voted to recognize the TNC as the legitimate interim governing body of Libya. The TNC on October 23rd officially declared the country liberated following the defeat of the last remaining pro-Qadhafi stronghold and Qadhafi's death, and plans to transition toward elections, the formation of a constitution, and a new government.