Professor, School of Natural Resources and Environment
- Conducting research on the intersection of climate adaptation and development in Niger, Burkina, and Senegal, supported by the World Bank.
- Conducting research on estimating relative costs of different climate adaptation strategies in Ethiopia and Mali, supposed by the World Bank.
- Coordinated a meeting in Johannesburg of stakeholders in the National Adaptation Plans of Action from ten countries on behalf of the World Development Report core team.
- Environmental governance, Logging, and NGOs in Cameroon and Congo-Brazzaville. In collaboration with Daniel Brown, Tom Lyon, Rebecca Hardin, and Rick Riolo (NSF).
- Mobilizing Rural Institutions: Study of local governance, irrigation, and cooperative institutions in Ethiopia.
- International Forest Resources and Institutions Network. Study of local patterns of forest governance in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania. (Ford, MacArthur).
- Environmental Politics and Institutional Choice: Forestry and Wildlife Policies in the Developing World. Study of environmental policy change during 1980-2000 in 58 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Dataset nearly complete.
- Burkina Faso
- School of Natural Resources and Environment