Professor, Department of Afroamerican and African Studies
Professor, Department of History
- The Pilgrims' Politics: Conversion, Dissent, and the Making of Civil Societies in Colonial East Africa (book manuscript in progress).
- The Social Lives of Mau Mau Detainees (edited book manuscript in progress, with Ann Biersteker and Kimani wa Njogu).
- Member of the editorial boards of African Affairs, The Journal of Modern African Studies, The African Historical Review, and the Fontes Historiae Africanae book series (British Academy/Oxford University Press).
- "Nursing in Central Tanganyika" (article manuscript in preparation).
- "Photography and History in Colonial Kenya" (article manuscript in preparation).
- Member of the Publications Committee of the International African Institute.
- Elected member of the governing council of the African Studies Association (United Kingdom).
- Department of Afroamerican and African Studies (DAAS)