How to Apply to the MA Programs
All students interested in applying to the MA in Asian Studies:China or the MA/JD Dual Degree with the Michigan Law School, the MA/MPP Dual Degree with the Ford School of Public Policy or MA/MBA Dual Degree with the Ross School of Business need to complete the Rackham Online Application and have all accompanying documents reach Rackham and CCS by January 10. Applicants to any of the dual degree programs must complete separate applications and be admitted to both programs. Please contact the respective schools for their application policies and deadlines. Admission decisions for all CCS MA programs are made once a year and all students are admitted to fall term.
MA applicants should use the Rackham online application. Please note that CCS requires both the Personal Statement and the Statement of Purpose. The latter should state the applicant's academic and career goals and explain how the MA degree would help accomplish these goals. An academic writing sample is not required.
Applicants are asked to submit the following materials directly to Rackham Graduate School:
- The application fee (part of the online application process)
- One set of official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores: must have been taken within the last 5 years: UM Institutional Code: 1839.
- Applicants to the MA/MBA Dual Degree Program may submit GMAT scores in place of the GRE scores.
- Applicants to the MA/JD Dual Degree Program may submit LSAT scores in place of GRE scores
- TOEFL (UM Institutional Code: 1839; Social Science Code: 80), MELAB, IELTS or ECPE scores (if you are not a native speaker of English)
- Affidavit of Financial Support for International Students will be requested at a later date if admitted to the MA Program.
Please see the Rackham website for information on how to send the transcripts.
Applicants are asked to submit the following materials directly to the Center for Chinese Studies
- One set of official transcripts from all institutions of higher education attended.
- Letters of recommendation from the Rackham application if you have chosen the paper option. Letters of recommendation written online do not need to be mailed to the Center for Chinese Studies.
- Please include a photocopy of your test scores (GRE, GMAT, LSAT, TOEFL, MELAB, IELTS, or ECPE) with your application package.
For more information on this program contact:
Center for Chinese Studies Student Services Coordinator at 734.764.6308 or email@example.com.