Instructional/course development seed grants are awarded on a competitive basis to support the development of courses that have significant China-related content OR are designed to integrate China-related material as an analytical focus, in a comparative framework or as a case study.
Requirements & Eligibility
- Center for Chinese Studies faculty associates are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to proposals for courses with an entirely new or significantly innovative content or method. Interdisciplinary and team-taught courses are encouraged.
- Items that would be appropriate for CCS funding include, but are not limited to:
- assistance for translation of articles from Chinese for inclusion in a course
- assistance for compiling a bibliography
- development of a slide-collection, digital and audio-visual resources, course tool sites, etc.
Deadline: October 15 & March 15 annually
Download the Faculty Associates Instructional/Course Development Seed Grant Application (fillable pdf)
Please send to Administrator, Center for Chinese Studies, University of Michigan, 1080 S. University Ave., Suite 4668, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1106 or email@example.com. Phone: 734.647.1487; Fax: 734.764.5540