Funding Opportunities

CES offers funding for: 

- U-M students to engage in research and internships and 

- U-M faculty for research projects


Please visit the International Institute website for information about additional funding opportunities. The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts offers global experience and internship scholarships to qualified LSA students. The CES announcements blog also has information about funding resources related to Europe.

University of Michigan Travel Policy

All University of Michigan students taking part in University-sponsored international travel should review U-M's Travel Policy. All U-M students traveling abroad for University-related purposes (i.e., participating in study, research, work, or volunteer programs organized or supported by U-M departments/units or for which U-M in-residence credit is granted) are required to:

  1. Register their travel in the U-M Travel Registry.
  2. Buy U-M’s Travel Abroad Health Insurance. Students may also buy this insurance for personal or leisure travel abroad. For information about the plan's benefits and costs, see Travel Abroad Health Insurance.

For information about immunizations and other travel-related health matters, see Travel Health Services.