Application Deadline: February 1, 2014
The Center for European Studies and the Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia at the University of Michigan invite applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships for European University Institute PhDs to foster teaching and research on European integration. The duration of the fellowship at U-M is up to one year.
We will consider applicants from the three EUI programs: Political and Social Sciences, Economics, and History. (We are unable to consider applicants from the Law program). While in residence in Ann Arbor, the postdoctoral fellows will teach one undergraduate course and pursue their research. The fellowship provides a stipend of up to $25,000 per semester (four months), plus benefits.
Eligibility: EUI PhDs who have obtained their doctorate within the last two years at the time of applying, or advanced PhD students who will complete their PhD by the time they arrive at the University of Michigan.
Applications must be submitted by email to: email@example.com.
Applicants must submit:
- A current CV
- A brief (2-page) Statement of Purpose that includes:
- A brief abstract of the dissertation and other areas of research interests;
- A description of the course the candidate will teach at U-M, with a tentative list of readings;
- The preferred semester (Fall 2014, Sept to Dec; or Winter 2015, Jan to Apr) and department where the applicant would teach.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which should come from the applicant’s advisor at EUI, to be sent directly to CES by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 734.763.4765.
For more information on current and past fellows see Visiting Scholars.