CES Summer Research and Internship Grants
The Center for European Studies seeks applications from University of Michigan undergraduate and graduate students for grants to support summer research or internships. The grants are intended to promote the study of Europe and European integration.
Deadline: March 15 at 5:00 PM
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled in full-time undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree programs at the University of Michigan. Grants will not be considered for students graduating in the current Winter Term. Applicants for research grants may be at preliminary or more advanced stages of their research; applicants for internships should be prepared to identify the venue for their internship in a governmental agency, business, or non-governmental institution in the region.
Application Requirements: Applicants must submit the following application materials:
- WCEE Summer funding application (2015 application now closed)
- Statement of purpose (1-3 pages) including proposed time period, institutional affiliation, your reasons for pursuing the internship or research project, and how this experience will contribute to your career goals
- One letter of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or resume
- Official University of Michigan transcript
A written report based on the project will be required at its conclusion.
In addition to self-initiated research projects or internships, U-M undergraduate students can apply for CES Summer Research and Internship Grants to support the following programs:
- University of Windsor/University of Michigan EU Study Abroad Program in Leuven and Brussels, Belgium (May, 2015). Program application deadline: Jan 19, 2015
- Summer Internships in Europe. Program application deadline: Feb 20, 2015
Contact: Julie Burnett, Academic Services Coordinator: email@example.com or 734.764.0351