Other UM Funding

In addition to the Center for Japanese Studies, various other units at the University of Michigan offer funding for students in Japanese Studies for graduate study, conference travel, research travel, and internship support.

  • Center for Education of Women offers fellowships to female students.
  • International Institute has a number of fellowships for international research travel and international internships.  It also coordinates UM student applications for Fulbright Fellowships, Fulbright-Hays Fellowships, and NSEP David L. Boren Fellowships.
  • Office of Financial Aid coordinates applications for scholarships as well as need-based financial aid for US citizens and permanent residents.
  • Rackham School of Graduate Studies offers funding for international research, graduate study, and conference travel for paper presentation.  Rackham also offers emergency funds for personal and/or family emergencies.
  • LSA Scholarships page contains information on scholarships provided by the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts as well as other LSA departments.  This page is intended primarily for undergraduate students but also contains some information applicable to graduate students.