Student Funding

CREES offers funding for UNDERGRADUATE and GRADUATE students to study at the University of Michigan and to take advantage of opportunities at other institutions and overseas for language learning, research, and internships.


Please visit the International Institute website for information about additional funding opportunities. The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts offers global experience and internship scholarships to qualified LSA students. The CREES opportunities blog also has information about funding resources.

University of Michigan Travel Policy

All University of Michigan students taking part in University-sponsored international travel should review U-M's Travel Policy. All U-M students traveling abroad for University-related purposes (i.e., participating in study, research, work, or volunteer programs organized or supported by U-M departments/units or for which U-M in-residence credit is granted) are required to:

  1. Register their travel in the U-M Travel Registry.
  2. Buy U-M’s Travel Abroad Health Insurance. Students may also buy this insurance for personal or leisure travel abroad. For information about the plan's benefits and costs, see Travel Abroad Health Insurance.

For information about immunizations and other travel-related health matters, see Travel Health Services.