The Copernicus Program in Polish Studies seeks applications from undergraduate and graduate students studying Poland at the University of Michigan for grants to support summer or semester-long research projects focused on Poland. U-M Ann Arbor undergraduate students may apply for funding towards U-M Dearborn's Poland 2015 Study Abroad Program.
Deadline: March 15 at 5:00 PM
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled in full-time undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree programs at the University of Michigan. Grants will not be considered for students graduating in the current Winter Term. Applicants for research grants may be at preliminary or more advanced stages of their research.
Application Requirements: Applicants must submit the following application materials:
- WCEE summer funding application (2015 application now closed)
- Statement of purpose (2-3 pages) including proposed time period, institutional affiliation, your reasons for pursuing the project, and how this experience will contribute to your career goals
- One letter of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae or résumé
- Official University of Michigan transcript
A written report based on the project will be required at its conclusion.
Contact: Julie Burnett, Academic Services Coordinator: 734.936.1842 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2014 Copernicus Summer Grant Recipients
- Alena Aniskiewicz, PhD Slavic
- Rachel Harkai, MFA Creative Writing
- Minh Huynh, PhD Educational Studies
- Melissa Kucemba, BA History/Psychology