Home / Academics / Student Funding /
CREES Research, Internship, and Fellowship (CRIF) Program Grants
CREES seeks applications from students in REES-related B.A., M.A., Ph.D., and professional degree programs for a limited number of grants toward summer or semester-long research projects or internships at institutions and businesses in Eastern Europe or the former Soviet Union. Awards range from $500-$1500.
Deadline: March 15 at 5:00 PM
Eligibility: Applicants must be enrolled in full-time undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree programs at the University of Michigan. Grants will not be considered for students graduating in the current Winter Term. Applicants for research grants may be at preliminary or more advanced stages of their research; applicants for internships should identify the venue for their internship in a governmental agency, business, or non-governmental institution in the region.
Application Requirements: Applicants must submit the following application materials:
- WCEE summer funding application (enter the II Fellowships & Grants site, complete basic information, and choose "Apply Now" next to "WCEE Student Fellowship" in the list of awards)
- Statement of purpose (1-3 pages) including proposed time period, institutional affiliation, location, your reasons for pursuing the internship or research project, and how this experience will contribute to your career goals
- One letter of recommendation
- Curriculum vitae or resume
- Official University of Michigan transcript
A written report based on the project will be required at its conclusion.