Center for Southeast Asian Studies Thai Studies Competition
The Center for Southeast Asian Studies offers funding opportunities to students who work on Thailand. This funding is made possible by the Amnuay-Samonsri Viravan Endowment for Thai Studies housed at the University of Michigan.
CSEAS can provide supplemental support for student internships in Thailand. Funds can be used to support travel to Thailand and to partially offset living costs not covered by other sources.
Eligibility: U-M undergraduate students in good standing.
Amount: Awards will not exceed $2,000.
Deadline: March 13, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
Application Procedure: Please submit the following materials to email@example.com:
- Application form
- Description of internship, including the name of the organization, the length of the internship, and any compensation offered by the organization
- Invitation or acceptance letter from the organization
- List of other funding for which the applicant has applied, if any
- Two academic letters of recommendation. Please ask your recommenders to use this form.
- Budget statement outlining all expenses
Preference will be given to those who have not received funding in the past and who enroll in Thai language courses at U-M. Awards will be made in April and must be spent by the following April. Award recipients are required to submit a brief report of the project and may be asked to present the results of their work. Reports are due to CSEAS one month after funds are spent.