Alpaca Yarn in Cusco--Photo by David Frye
Wherever you go, Go Blue!
The University of Michigan Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies (LACS) stimulates and supports regionally focused academic and curricular endeavors. The center is a nexus for faculty members and students from a wide range of disciplines and perspectives who share a common interest in Latin America and the Caribbean. LACS also fosters engagement and exchange between the people of Michigan and the Latin American and Caribbean scholars, activists, and artists who make up our global community.
- University professors talk U.S., Cuban diplomatic relationship February 4, 2015
- Panel on re-establishing US-Cuba relations: Walking the tightrope for success January 29, 2015
- Goodbye, Comadre January 26, 2015
- U-M/UPR Symposium. Negotiating Gender, Race, and Ethnicity in a New Global Age
Speaker: Keynote Speakers: María del Carmen Baerga (UPR) and Sueann Caulfield (U-M)
03/06/2015 - 03/07/2015;
- 5:00 PM
- 20th Annual Charles F. Fraker Conference
03/13/2015 - 03/14/2015;
- 5:00 PM
- Film Screening of Abrazos and Q&A with Filmmaker Luis Argueta