Home / Academics / Graduate Students / Graduate Certificate Program / Graduate Certificate Information /
Any student with a bachelor's degree who has been admitted to, or is currently enrolled in, a graduate program at the University of Michigan is eligible to apply for a graduate certificate in Latin American and Caribbean studies. Applicants should have at least a B average.
To apply, submit the following materials to LACS:
- The Rackham Add a Degree or Certificate Program Application. You will need to submit copies of this application form to both Rackham and LACS. Please use the following information when completing Item 10 on the application:
Proposed Graduate Program: Latin American and Caribbean Studies
Program Code: 01635
- A transcript of college-level work
- A letter of support from your U-M faculty advisor
- A list of proposed courses that will fulfill the certificate requirements
- A statement of purpose explaining your interest in the certificate program and your background in Latin American and Caribbean studies
In addition, you may need to complete:
- The Rackham Graduate Program Application process. Required only of U-M graduate students who are in, or will be entering, a graduate program not affiliated with Rackham, e.g., law, medicine, or business. Please also contact us for more information.
And you should also look over:
- The Rackham Dual/Joint Degree Election Form (also known as Form 6010). Note: this form is not needed for admission. It is only required that you submit it before you receive your LACS certificate. However, it is a useful planning document.