LRCCS has a limited amount of travel funds per year. Awards will be made on a case-by-case basis until the funds are depleted for that year.
The Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies (LRCCS) will provide funding up to $500 to support graduate students to travel to a conference to present research with a primary focus on China.
Requirements & Eligibility
- All graduate students at the University of Michigan are eligible to apply.
- Students should provide evidence (listing in a tentative program) that they have been invited to speak/present a paper.
- Application materials must be submitted before travel to the conference occurs. For an approval decision prior to travel, students must submit the application three weeks in advance.
- The student's main advisor must sign the conference funding application to endorse the conference's relevance to the student's professional development.
- Students may only apply once per year and may only be awarded conference funding twice while enrolled in the program.
- Students must complete a LRCCS Conference Funding Application Form.
Cost Sharing: Students are expected whenever possible to seek additional funding or cost-sharing from other units, especially their home departments, Rackham Fellowship Office, and the International Institute.
The number of awards each year is subject to availability of funds. Students are encouraged to apply early. If funds run short, priority may be given to students with cost-sharing from other units and those with a demonstrated commitment to Chinese studies. The associate director of the center will decide on applications in consultation with LRCCS faculty and staff.
Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Coordinator of Student Services, Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies, University of Michigan, 1080 South University Ave. Suite 4668, Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1106.