Instructional/course development seed grants are awarded on a competitive basis to support the development of courses that have significant China-related content OR are designed to integrate China-related material as an analytical focus, in a comparative framework or as a case study.
Requirements & Eligibility
- All U-M faculty who wish to development a course on the study of China are eligible to apply.
- Preference will be given to proposals for courses with an entirely new or significantly innovative content or method. Interdisciplinary and team-taught courses are encouraged.
- Items that would be appropriate for LRCCS funding include, but are not limited to:
- assistance for translation of articles from Chinese for inclusion in a course;
- assistance for compiling a bibliography;
- development of a slide-collection, digital and audio-visual resources, course tool sites, etc.
Funding Amount: A maximum of up to $10,000 per application.
Deadline: April 1st of each year, unless noted.
Download the Seed Grant Application (fillable pdf)
Submit to Leea Allerding, firstname.lastname@example.org, 734.764.2013.