Steps Necessary to Graduate
As you enter your senior year, please make sure to complete critical requirements like core courses or challenging courses prior to your last semester. This will ensure that you can graduate on time, even if for some reason you run into complications. Please note that any required courses applied towards your IS major must be completed with a grade of C- or better; otherwise, you will not be eligible to graduate.
To graduate you must:
- Make an appointment with your PICS advisor as well as with your LSA advisor to discuss what requirements are met and how to fulfill the remaining requirements. This information will be entered in the release in your online file, where the Auditors Office receives it. In order to graduate, seniors must get a release from each of their Majors and Minors before they will be audited. The release should be submitted prior to registering for the last semester of classes. In order to be evaluated for graduation, every student must have an official academic degree audit.
- Students should update their PICS advisor if they change or add courses to their schedule in their final semester (especially regional and/or elective requirements).This will ensure that their LSA audit checklist is updated and that they also receive an updated senior release from us.
- Apply for graduation by logging onto Wolverine Access. Go to Student Business, click on "Apply for Graduation," and follow the prompts. Make sure to verify your permanent address and specify how you want your name to appear on your diploma.
- Please keep in mind that graduating from LSA with IS Major/Minor is different from walking in the commencement ceremonies organized by the University of Michigan and PICS.
- Please review and RSVP for PICS Graduation Ceremony HERE.
• verify completion of IS Major requirements
• discover outstanding courses or formalities regarding study abroad or transfer credit that must be completed in order to graduate in International Studies
For more information please visit Countdown to Graduation