A Summer Where the Sun Never Sets
The Program in International and Comparative Studies (PICS) in collaboration with the U-M's International Institute offers support to undergraduate students interested in a summer internships at one of three partner institutions in the Arctic region. Learn more about our three partner organizations.
Click the picture above to see details of
Undergraduate students at the University of Michigan from any department may apply.
Grants of up to $2,000 to will be awarded to a limited number of students. Funding can be used by the student to pay travel and living expenses. These funds are primarily intended for students working unpaid, but if students are being paid, it is possible to receive funding to offset expenses not covered by the host organization.
Priority will be given to applications from students with an interest in or working on relevant topics related to the Arctic region, and related to the work of the host institution.
Awardees must submit a final report to PICS:
- A three-page report must be submitted within a month after completion of the internship
- Reports should include a summary of the activities completed and work accomplished
- Reports may be used in PICS or II publications or web sites
The following items must be emailed by the deadline:
- Completed PICS funding request cover sheet
- One-page description of your interest and background in the region, and skills you would like to develop in an internship
- Resume (CV)
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcript
Applications will be reviewed by members of the PICS Advisory Committee and staff members of hosting organizations. Awards will be based on the quality of the materials submitted.
Applications are Friday, March 14, 2014 by 5pm (for Summer 2014)
Contact and Delivery Information
Email Applications to:
Program in International and Comparative Studies (PICS)
1080 S. University, Suite 2660