A Summer Where the Sun Never Sets
The Program in International and Comparative Studies (PICS) offers support to undergraduate University of Michigan students interested in a summer internships at one of three partner institutions in the Arctic region. Learn more about our three partner organizations or download the 2013 call and application form.
Click the picture above to see details of
Undergraduate students at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor from any department may apply.
Grants of up to $2,000 to will be awarded to a limited number of students. Funding can be used by the student to pay travel and living expenses. These funds are primarily intended for students working unpaid, but if students are being paid, it is possible to receive funding to offset expenses not covered by the host organization.
Priority will be given to applications from students with an interest in or working on relevant topics related to the Arctic region, and related to the work of the host institution.
Awardees must submit a final report to PICS:
- A three-page report must be submitted within 6 weeks after completion of the internship
- Reports should include a summary of the activities completed and work accomplished
- Reports may be used in PICS or II publications or web sites
The following items must be emailed by the deadline:
- Completed PICS funding request cover sheet (2013 application form for reference only)
- One-page description of your interest and background in the region, and skills you would like to develop in an internship
- Letter of recommendation
Applications will be reviewed by members of the PICS Advisory Committee and staff members of hosting organizations. Awards will be based on the quality of the materials submitted.
Applications are due by Thursday, March 14, 2013 by 5pm (for summer 2013)
Contact and Delivery Information
Email Applications to:
Program in International and Comparative Studies (PICS)
1080 S. University, Suite 2607