PICS Summer Research and Internship Grants
Program in International and Comparative Studies (PICS) announces a call for applications from undergraduate students at the University of Michigan who have declared the International Studies major or minor and are planning to intern or conduct research abroad during summer 2014.
The Program in International and Comparative Studies (PICS) seeks applications from IS majors or minors for grants ranging from $500 to $2,000 towards summer research or internships abroad. Applicants for research grants may be at preliminary or more advanced stages of their research; applicants for internships should be prepared to identify the venue for their internship in a governmental agency, business, or non-governmental institution abroad, and must have documentation showing internship is secured. Funding can be used for travel, purchase of research materials, and fees for educational opportunities not provided by U-M. Students in their last year of study (graduating in Winter 2014 or Spring/Summer 2014) are not eligible to apply.
Students are asked to indicate area of interest/study:
- Human rights
- International development
- International security and cooperation
- Global Health
- Global Environment
- Comparative Culture and Identity
Applicants must submit the following application materials:
- application form
- statement of purpose (1-3 pages) including proposed time period, institutional affiliation, your reasons for pursuing the project, and how this experience will contribute to your career goals
- one letter of recommendation
- curriculum vitae or resume
- University of Michigan transcript
A written report based on the project will be required at its conclusion.
Applications are Friday, March 14, 2014 by 5pm (for Summer 2014)
Program in International and Comparative Studies (PICS)
1080 South University, Suite 2660