Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina spoke at the Michigan Theater on Sep 18. Click for video
Ambassador Ronald and Eileen Weiser at the WCEE Inauguration. Ronald Weiser was the U.S. Ambassador to the Slovak Republic from 2001-04. Photo by Peter Smith
The Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia works in common association with the Center for European Studies; Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies; Islamic Studies Program; and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies at the University of Michigan International Institute. Inaugurated in 2008 thanks to the generosity of Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Weiser, WCEE is dedicated to enhancing interdisciplinary knowledge about, and public engagement with, the institutions, cultures, and histories of Europe and Eurasia.
- President of Albania to deliver lecture at University of Michigan September 9, 2014
- Pussy Riot members to give Penny Stamps Lecture September 8, 2014
- Weiser Center releases 2013-14 Annual Report July 16, 2014
- Film. The Illumination (Iluminacja).
- WCED Lecture. “Bank Bailouts and Structural Power in the UK and US.”
Speaker: Pepper Culpepper, professor of political science, European University Institute
- 5:30 PM
- CREES Noon Lecture. "Enlightened Memory? On Remembering the Jewish Past in Contemporary Germany and Poland."
Speaker: Michael Meng, assistant professor of history, Clemson University
- 1:30 PM