The Armenian Studies Program (ASP) at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor is pleased to announce the availability of research and travel grants for undergraduate and graduate students.
There is one application for all of the following awards (subject to eligibility): II Individual Fellowships, Rackham International Research Award, African Studies Center Funding for Research or Internship Support in Africa, Armenian Studies Program Summer Research Grants, Summer Grants for Research and Internships in Europe & Eurasia, and the Center for Latin American & Caribbean Studies Field Research Grants. Please visit the links above for more information and to verify your eligibility.
Once an application is received and approved, ASP will determine which fund is best suited for a particular project.
- The Agnes H. and R. A. Yarmain Fellowship is available to University of Michigan graduate students in the Department of Middle East Studies engaged in research related to Armenian studies to be conducted in the U.S. or abroad.
- The Haiganoosh Mengushian /Ajemian Memorial Scholarship is available for University of Michigan undergraduate and graduate students conducting research related to Armenian studies in the U.S. or abroad.
- The Haiganoosh Mengushian/Ajemian Memorial Student Travel Award is available for University of Michigan undergraduate and graduate students to support travel and study abroad related to Armenian studies.
- The Arsen K. Sanjian Fellowship is available to University of Michigan graduate students engaged in research related to Armenian studies to be conducted in the U.S. or abroad.
All University of Michigan students taking part in University-sponsored international travel should review U-M's Travel Policy. All U-M students traveling abroad for University-related purposes (i.e., participating in study, research, work, or volunteer programs organized or supported by U-M departments/units or for which U-M in-residence credit is granted) are required to:
- Register their travel details on M-Compass.
- Buy U-M’s Travel Abroad Health Insurance. Students may also buy this insurance for personal or leisure travel abroad. Visit the site for information about the plan's benefits and costs.
For information about immunizations and other travel-related health matters, see Travel Health Services.