We wish to thank Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Lappin Weiser for their generous donation, their engagement, and their commitment to WCED/WCEE and the University of Michigan
The University of Michigan International Institute (II) brings together distinguished and diverse faculty and scholars with deep area studies and international expertise to enrich the university’s intellectual environment and to provide the U-M community with the knowledge, tools, and experience to become informed and active global citizens. We advance this mission through education, engagement, and innovation.
- Francis W. Kelsey Exhibit. “‘Now or Never’: Collecting, Documenting, and Photographing the Aftermath of World War I in the Middle East”
01/14/2015 - 04/24/2015;
- 7:00 PM
- UMMA Exhibit. Hana Hamplová: Meditations on Paper.
02/21/2015 - 08/29/2015;
- 5:00 PM
- ISP Exhibit. Illustration/Graphic Novel Contest.
03/26/2015 - 04/21/2015;
- 5:00 PM
- CJS Noon Lecture Series: Roots of Japanese Studies in the USA: Anthropology, War, and CJS at Michigan
Speaker: Katsumi Nakao, 2014-15 Toyota Visiting Professor, Center for Japanese Studies, University of Michigan
- ISP Lecture. “‘They Are Among Us’: Gezi Martyrs, Affective Incarnation, and Resistance in Contemporary Turkey.”
Speaker: Christiane J. Gruber, associate professor of Islamic art, U-M
- 5:30 PM
- Workshop-Keynote address. “The Modern Imagination and the Vocabulary of Transgression”
Speaker: A. Dirk Moses, professor of global and colonial history, European University Institute.
- 9:00 PM