The Center for Southeast Asian Studies (CSEAS) offers fellowships and grants to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and non-UM scholars affiliated with Southeast Asian educational institutions, to support workshops, seminars, research and study abroad, international internships, and the study of less commonly taught languages.
If the deadline falls on a weekend, the due date will be the following Monday at 5pm.
CSEAS has limited funding opportunities for scholars and educators who are not affiliated with the University of Michigan:
- Composer-in-Residence for Javanese Gamelan »
- Judith Becker Award for Outstanding Graduate Student Research on Southeast Asia »
- Southeast Asian Language Scholarship for Undergraduate and Graduate Students »
- Thai Studies Graduate Research Grants »
- Thai Studies Internship Support »
- U.S. Department of Education Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS) Fellowship »
In addition, the center also considers requests from student organizations and faculty to co-sponsor SEA related U-M lectures, events and activities that coincide with the Center's mission to promote a broad and deep understanding of the region. Please send a description and budget to email@example.com. Applications accepted throughout the year.
Please visit the International Institute website for information about additional funding opportunities.
The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts offers global experience and internship scholarships to qualified LSA students.