2014 STEM-Africa Initiative Conference. Click on the image to watch the keynote addresses and view the photo gallery.
Lake Huron Trip 2011
The African Studies Center (ASC) serves as a conduit through which the many African initiatives across the University of Michigan, from law and medicine to the sciences and humanities, may be furthered to the mutual benefit of the university and its African partners. ASC is a member of the International Institute.
Winter 2014 Newsletter
U-M STEM-Africa Initiative's Third Biennial Conference
Effective U.S. Strategies for African STEM Collaborations, Capacity Building, and Diaspora Engagement
- World Bank VP on science in Africa: Leaping from ‘Yes, we can’ to ‘Yes, we do’ April 2, 2014
- Curator of African Art Position Established With Gift From Helmut and Candis Stern March 18, 2014
- U-M nurse anesthetist leads medical relief trip in Kenya with U-M and Henry Ford health systems March 5, 2014
- Africa History and Anthropology Workshop. "Practicing Space: Embodied Memory and Social Reproduction in a Freetown Maternity Hospital"
Speaker: Tara Dosumu Diener, Ph.D. candidate, anthropology and history, U-M
- 6:00 PM
- Africa History and Anthropology Workshop. "Performing Division: The Gendered Politics of the 1959 Anti-Asian Buganda Boycott"
Speaker: J. Edgar Taylor, Ph.D. candidate, U-M
- 6:00 PM
- Dominant Party Systems Conference
05/09/2014 - 05/10/2014;