The African Studies Center (ASC) serves as a conduit through which the many African initiatives across the University of Michigan, from law and medicine to the sciences and humanities, may be furthered to the mutual benefit of the university and its African partners. ASC is a member of the International Institute.
Conference information and video
- Country Report: Angola March 5, 2014
- Research Trip to Sudan February 6, 2014
- U-M scholars to lead 2014 Africa workshop of the American Political Science Association (APSA) January 30, 2014
- Africa History and Anthropology Workshop. "Contemplation Becomes Speculation"
Speaker: James Igoe, anthropology, University of Virginia
- 6:00 PM
- Africa Workshop: Zanele Muholi
- 06:00 PM
- Conversations on Europe. “Centering a Sideshow: World War One in German East Africa as Local Experience.”
Speaker: Michelle Moyd, assistant professor of history, Indiana University
- 5:30 PM