2014 STEM-Africa Initiative Conference. Click on the image to watch the keynote addresses and view the photo gallery.
Lake Huron Trip 2011
The African Studies Center (ASC) serves as a conduit through which the many African initiatives across the University of Michigan, from law and medicine to the sciences and humanities, may be furthered to the mutual benefit of the university and its African partners. ASC is a member of the International Institute.
2008-15 In Review
- African Studies Center Welcomes the 2015-16 UMAPS Scholars August 31, 2015
- A campus tour leads to a partnership in Africa August 4, 2015
- David Lam will lead U-M Institute for Social Research June 19, 2015
- ASC Fall Reception for the 2015-16 cohort of the UMAPS Program
- 6:00 PM
- International Institute Inaugural Fall Open House
- 3:00 PM
- UMAPS Research Colloquium
Speaker: Adey Desta (Ethiopia); Akye Essuman (Ghana); Endale Hadgu (Ethiopia)
- 5:00 PM