2014 STEM-Africa Initiative Conference. Click on the image to watch the keynote addresses and view the photo gallery.
Lake Huron Trip 2011
The African Studies Center (ASC) serves as a conduit through which the many African initiatives across the University of Michigan, from law and medicine to the sciences and humanities, may be furthered to the mutual benefit of the university and its African partners. ASC is a member of the International Institute.
- Gabrielle Hecht: Allure of nuclear power spreading across Africa September 2, 2015
- African Studies Center Welcomes the 2015-16 UMAPS Scholars August 31, 2015
- A campus tour leads to a partnership in Africa August 4, 2015
- Lusophone Film Festival
09/24/2015 - 12/03/2015;
- Exhibition: People Building Better Cities
Speaker: Anna Rubbo, PBBC, Columbia University
10/02/2015 - 10/23/2015;
- 7:30 PM
- UMAPS Colloquium: Africa History and Anthropology Workshop
Speaker: Lawrence Ocen (Uganda) and Semeneh Asfaw (Ethiopia)
- 5:00 PM