Karla Mallette, professor of Italian and Near Eastern Studies, returns to direct the Center for European Studies
CES Videos on YouTube
Visit our Multimedia page for video of select CES programs. Photos by Peter Smith
The Center for European Studies (CES) - timely and cogent analysis of Europe and the EU.
CES is the focal point for the interdisciplinary study of Europe at the University of Michigan. Since 2008, CES works alongside the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Scottish referendum and poetry focus of series at U-M October 15, 2014
- U-M professor witnesses Scotland’s historic vote on independence September 17, 2014
- U-M experts available to discuss Scottish referendum September 11, 2014
- UMMA Exhibit. Hana Hamplová: Meditations on Paper.
02/21/2015 - 08/29/2015;
- 5:00 PM
- Annual Distinguished Lecture on Europe. “Noble Academies as a European Model of Aristocratic Education.”
Speaker: Jean Boutier, Chair of Comparative History of the European Aristocracy from the 16th to the 18th Century, EHESS
- 5:30 PM
- 20th Annual Charles F. Fraker Conference
03/13/2015 - 03/14/2015;
- 5:00 PM