Winter 2014 Events
“Battle of Broodseinde Ridge” by Ernest Brooks, courtesy of the National Library of Scotland
The Center for European Studies (CES) - timely and cogent analysis of Europe and the EU.
CES is the focal point for the interdisciplinary study of Europe at the University of Michigan. Since 2008, CES works alongside the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Grant established to fund study abroad trips to European Union January 8, 2014
- Alumnus Gift establishes New Europe Grants for Undergraduates December 13, 2013
- Weiser Center releases 2012-13 Annual Report July 30, 2013
- International Institute Round Table. Crisis in Ukraine: Domestic and International Implications
- 2:00 PM
- Conversations on Europe. “Centering a Sideshow: World War One in German East Africa as Local Experience.”
Speaker: Michelle Moyd, assistant professor of history, Indiana University
- 5:30 PM
- WCED Lecture. “Economic Challenges Facing Eastern European Nations.”
Speaker: Simeon Djankov, former Bulgarian Minister of Finance; adjunct lecturer in public policy, Kennedy School of Government
- 5:30 PM