New Challenges Facing Europe
WCED and CES present several events focused on this topic. Visit the Events page for details. Photo by Dauvit Alexander
Karla Mallette, professor of Italian and Near Eastern Studies returns to direct the Center for European Studies
CES Videos on YouTube
Visit our Multimedia page for video of select CES programs. Photos by Peter Smith
The Center for European Studies (CES) - timely and cogent analysis of Europe and the EU.
CES is the focal point for the interdisciplinary study of Europe at the University of Michigan. Since 2008, CES works alongside the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- U-M professor witnesses Scotland’s historic vote on independence September 17, 2014
- U-M experts available to discuss Scottish referendum September 11, 2014
- President of Albania to deliver lecture at University of Michigan September 9, 2014
- WCED Lecture. “Bank Bailouts and Structural Power in the UK and US.”
Speaker: Pepper Culpepper, professor of political science, European University Institute
- 5:30 PM
- Italy and the European Union: A Love/Hate Story in Three Acts
Speaker: Dario Gaggio
- CREES Noon Lecture. "Enlightened Memory? On Remembering the Jewish Past in Contemporary Germany and Poland."
Speaker: Michael Meng, assistant professor of history, Clemson University
- 1:30 PM