Karla Mallette, professor of Italian and Near Eastern Studies, returns to direct the Center for European Studies
CES Videos on YouTube
Visit our Multimedia page for video of select CES programs. Photos by Peter Smith
The Center for European Studies (CES) - timely and cogent analysis of Europe and the EU.
CES is the focal point for the interdisciplinary study of Europe at the University of Michigan. Since 2008, CES works alongside the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Not guilty, but responsible: A Turkish scholar researches the Armenian genocide March 2, 2015
- Scottish referendum and poetry focus of series at U-M October 15, 2014
- U-M professor witnesses Scotland’s historic vote on independence September 17, 2014
- UMMA Exhibit. Hana Hamplová: Meditations on Paper.
02/21/2015 - 08/29/2015;
- 5:00 PM
- Conversations on Europe. “The Role of the European Union in the Global Governance of Transnational Crime.”
Speaker: Juan Pablo Soriano, postdoctoral researcher and lecturer in international relations, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- 5:30 PM
- CREES Noon Lecture. “The Foreign Queen and the Ultranationalist Legionaries: Early 20th-Century Appropriations and Manipulations of the Romanian Peasant Dress.”
Speaker: Corina Kesler, research fellow, Michigan-Mellon Project on Egalitarianism and the Metropolis, U-M
- 1:30 PM