Visit our Multimedia page for video of select 2013-14 programs. Photos by Peter Smith
The Center for European Studies (CES) - timely and cogent analysis of Europe and the EU.
CES is the focal point for the interdisciplinary study of Europe at the University of Michigan. Since 2008, CES works alongside the Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Weiser Center releases 2013-14 Annual Report July 16, 2014
- A Life Spent Remembering a War France Has Tried to Forget March 29, 2014
- Ukraine’s political tensions, economic woes and relations with Russia March 14, 2014
- WCED Lecture. “Local Shocks: The Far Right in the 2014 European Elections.”
Speaker: Cas Mudde, associate professor of international affairs, University of Georgia
- 5:30 PM
- WCED Lecture. “Albania: Emerging Democracy towards the European Union.”
Speaker: Bujar Nishani, President of Albania
- 6:00 PM
- WCED Lecture. “Bank Bailouts and Structural Power in the UK and US.”
Speaker: Pepper Culpepper, professor of political science, European University Institute
- 5:30 PM