We wish to thank Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Lappin Weiser for their generous donation, their engagement, and their commitment to WCED/WCEE and the University of Michigan
Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
Click for video of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina's appearance at the Michigan Theater. Photo by Peter Smith
Ambassador Ronald and Eileen Weiser at the WCEE Inauguration. Ronald Weiser was the U.S. Ambassador to the Slovak Republic from 2001-04. Photo by Peter Smith
The Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia works in common association with the Center for European Studies; Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies; Islamic Studies Program; and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies at the University of Michigan International Institute. Inaugurated in 2008 thanks to the generosity of Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Weiser, WCEE is dedicated to enhancing interdisciplinary knowledge about, and public engagement with, the institutions, cultures, and histories of Europe and Eurasia.
- University of Michigan Receives $50 Million Gift December 22, 2014
- Weisers' $50 million gift impacts six University of Michigan units December 18, 2014
- In honor of $50 million donation, regents rename Dennison Building December 18, 2014
- Annual Copernicus Lecture. Interview with Tomasz Stanko.
Speaker: Tomasz Stańko, jazz trumpeter
- 7:00 PM
- UMS Concert. Balladyna. Tomasz Stanko, trumpet.
- WCED Lecture. “Informed Storytelling: Beyond the Facts.”
Speaker: Misha Friedman, photographer
- 7:00 PM