We wish to thank Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Lappin Weiser for their generous donation, their engagement, and their commitment to WCED/WCEE and the University of Michigan
Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
Click for video of Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina's appearance at the Michigan Theater. Photo by Peter Smith
Ambassador Ronald and Eileen Weiser at the WCEE Inauguration. Ronald Weiser was the U.S. Ambassador to the Slovak Republic from 2001-04. Photo by Peter Smith
The Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia works in common association with the Center for European Studies; Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies; Islamic Studies Program; and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies at the University of Michigan International Institute. Inaugurated in 2008 thanks to the generosity of Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Weiser, WCEE is dedicated to enhancing interdisciplinary knowledge about, and public engagement with, the institutions, cultures, and histories of Europe and Eurasia.
- Weisers' $50 million gift impacts six University of Michigan units December 18, 2014
- In honor of $50 million donation, regents rename Dennison Building December 18, 2014
- Scottish referendum and poetry focus of series at U-M October 15, 2014
- CREES Noon Lecture. “Denial of Violence: Ottoman Past, Turkish Present, and Collective Violence against the Armenians, 1789-2009.”
Speaker: Fatma Müge Göçek, professor of sociology and women’s studies, U-M
- 1:30 PM
- WCED Lecture. “Learning to Love Oil: Right-Sizing the Resource Curse.”
Speaker: Benjamin Smith, associate professor of political science, University of Florida
- 5:30 PM
- UMS Concert. Mariinsky Orchestra.