Ambassador Ronald and Eileen Weiser at the WCEE Inauguration. Ronald Weiser was the U.S. Ambassador to the Slovak Republic from 2001-04. Photo by Peter Smith
The Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia works in common association with the Center for European Studies; Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies; Islamic Studies Program; and Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies at the University of Michigan International Institute. Inaugurated in 2008 thanks to the generosity of Ambassador Ronald Weiser and Eileen Weiser, WCEE is dedicated to enhancing interdisciplinary knowledge about, and public engagement with, the institutions, cultures, and histories of Europe and Eurasia.
- Weiser Center releases 2013-14 Annual Report July 16, 2014
- A Life Spent Remembering a War France Has Tried to Forget March 29, 2014
- Former Kyrgyz Parliamentarian and Diplomat to speak on geopolitics in Central Asia March 26, 2014
- Films. The Last Day of Summer (Ostatni dzien lata) and Innocent Sorcerers (Niewinni czarodzieje).
- Film. Night Train (Pociag).
- Penny Stamps/WCED Lecture. “Punk Prayer.”
Speaker: Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina, members of Pussy Riot/Zona Prava