WCED videos on YouTube
Many WCED videos are now available on YouTube. Click the image above to be directed to the WCED channel. Photos by Peter Smith
The Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies promotes scholarship to better understand the conditions and policies fostering transformations from authoritarian rule to democracy. It also educates new generations of practitioners who can apply their learning and experience to help extend democratic freedoms. Initially focusing on transitions in Europe and Eurasia, it will subsequently expand its scope to other emerging democracies across the globe.
Inaugurated in 2008, WCED works alongside the Center for European Studies and Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies and in association with the Ronald and Eileen Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia.
- Weiser Center releases 2013-14 Annual Report July 16, 2014
- Former Kyrgyz Parliamentarian and Diplomat to speak on geopolitics in Central Asia March 26, 2014
- Ukraine’s political tensions, economic woes and relations with Russia March 14, 2014
- Penny Stamps/WCED Lecture. “Punk Prayer.”
Speaker: Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina, members of Pussy Riot/Zona Prava
- WCED Lecture. “Local Shocks: The Far Right in the 2014 European Elections.”
Speaker: Cas Mudde, associate professor of international affairs, University of Georgia
- 5:30 PM
- WCED Lecture. “Albania: Emerging Democracy towards the European Union.”
Speaker: Bujar Nishani, President of Albania
- 6:00 PM